Axeze providers of RFID, Bluetooth, facial and fingerprint recognition software and hardware products supporting contact/less smartcard technologies are proud to announce the launch of the of FS25, an RFID USB Fingerprint Mifare Card Reader and Writer. Now we can support both contact and contact-less smart card together with Fingerprint authentication and FS25 works perfectly with our FS82 USB Fingerprint ISO7816 Smart Card Reader and Writer.
FS25 combines fingerprint “Match on Device” and ISO14443A Mifare card Reader and Writer into one compact device. It supports both 1KB and 4KB Mifare card and is perfect for real two-factor authentication, what you own(finger) is matched with what you carry(Mifare card), because fingerprint data can be stored to Mifare card.
Mifare is a 13.56 MHz contactless technology owned by Philips. It complies with ISO14443A – the industry standard for contactless smart cards. Mifare cards are powered by an internal antenna as the card moves into a magnetic field. Mifare has proven popular as the card to use in ticketing and low value transactions.
By storing the finger print on the card, we eliminate any possible privacy issue because it is not necessary to store users’ fingerprint data anywhere in the system for authentication. An SDK is available to customers to make their own two- factor authentication application.
The benefits of Mifare cards include
- the card can be used for multiple applications.
- secure encryption prevents unauthorised access to information stored on the card. This makes it extremely difficult to copy a Mifare card.
- being contactless, there is reduced maintenance required for card readers as well as less wear and tear on the cards.
- the Mifare chip can be embedded in alternatives to cards; such as fobs or watches.
- Mifare cards do not need to be inserted into a reader, instead they only need to be presented within the range of the card reader. This will allow read and write operations to be performed.
- each card has it’s own unique card serial number.
- can be used in a wet environment as card reader card be sealed.
At the time of authentication:
- User shows the Mifare card and FS25 reads the fingerprint data stored in card,
- Then put finger and FS25 scans the fingerprint image.
- FS25 matches the scanned fingerprint with the fingerprint data read from the Mifare card.
- The matching result is sent to PC for authentication.
This combination Fingerprint recognition and RFID, is the most popular combination for personal identification. FS25 is the first USB product in market that combines RFID and biometrics into one device. This shows the long-term commitment of Axeze and our partners, to provide high performance, secure but convenient personal identification solutions to the market.
The most popular access control systems of today combine biometrics with fingerprint identification, due to its superior combination of strength, affordability, maturity, convenience and ease of use.
FS25 can be used in various physical and logical access control application and we believe it provides extra value to our partners and customers worldwide.